Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yum

Can you tell my favorite coffee shop yet? I should be a spokeswoman for The Woods. It truly is my favorite spot. I arrived there extremely early to knock out some last minute studying before my final. I went with some hot tea and Fruit and Nut oatmeal which is quite tasty.
Sometimes, they person working puts too much water in so then it's soup-meal but today was just right.
Study study! 
For a few weeks my friend Kristen and I had been planning a special lunch to celebrate finishing our class. That day finally showed up so we were more than ready to eat some pizza at La Fiamma  
They are known around Bellingham for quality wood-fire pizza. Let  me tell you, it's quality! I usually take anyone that visits to this place just to show them how great the food is around here. It never disappoints! 
We started with a salad that was perfectly coated in a sun-dried tomato vinaigrette.
I caught Kristen mid bite! 
I ordered the Greek Havoc pizza. I order it nearly every time because it has all of my favorite things! It's coated in a white herb sauce and has artichokes, olives (I ask for the pizza without because olives are actually NOT my favorite thing), red peppers, feta, mozzarella and tomatoes. I'm not big on tomatoes but I can deal. This doesn't need much more of an explanation but all I can say is this pizza hit the spot. 

It felt like a well-deserved reward! 

Kristen ordered the Grecian Formula which is the same pizza as mine but it had steak on it. She thoroughly enjoyed hers as well! Smiles all around.

So now that school is basically done, what shall I do? I have to clean, unpack, pack, travel, see friends, go see family, and then start school again!(and blog....of course!) I'll enjoy every moment of freedom, I promise.  Looks like the weather is clearing up so I can run for a bit. See you for dinner!


          Best,
                 Anne

No comments: