Saturday, August 7, 2010

Worth a Tri?

Oh no. I seem to be, well....inspired. This comes with consequences I assure you. It all started this morning. I woke up at five am as I usually do on Saturdays. (I'm kidding of course. Calm down.) It was dark, cold and misty. I dragged my feet out of bed and grabbed a granola bar before heading out to the lake. I volunteered at the Lake Samish Triathlon this morning. I arrived at six and stood around for a bit before taking my position at the bike station. I've never seen a triathlon before but I was intrigued to see how these brave humans could gain enough courage to jump into the chilly lake with the rain spattering on their backs, get out of the water and run to their bikes all while stripping out of their wet suits and forcing their wet feet into bike shoes to ride around the lake twice and then putting their bikes away to finish with a 5-K! Whew. I'm exhausted just explaining it. Let's call a spade a spade, that's an awful lot of work! I applauded them though. I was freezing just standing there in the rain and I did not even jump in the lake! Even still, the race inspired me. Except...I'm not a big swimmer. When I say I'm not a big swimmer, I mean I do not swim. At all. Sure, I was wickedly fast back in my glory days on the swim team. Okay, that's not true. I was just on the team and I have proof through pictures that I was behind all of my competitors in races. Ah well, I still swam. Certainly swimming would be my main focus. Swimming is tough but it's just about the best exercise a person could do!  Let's get back to present day. I think I want to try a tri. Crazy? Ack  you're used to it. I'm not going to start training tomorrow, believe me! I feel it would be fun...and it has to be fun since no where in the description does it say anything about running 26.2 miles. You had me at 5-K. 


I'll keep you posted. Also, big changes coming tomorrow. Saved by the Bellingham is going to kick it up a notch and I'll tell you everything tomorrow! Have a happy Saturday. Hope you guys are doing something fun and not writing a paper like me :-D

         Best,
               Anne

No comments: