Sunday, August 29, 2010

I do love award shows. I do.

It's official. I'm home. What better way to celebrate than my mom's homemade Macaroni and Cheese. It's no Kraft (thank God) but it's worth every indulgent bite. Plus, it's not neon orange. I think we can all be thankful for that. 

Mom's Mac Recipe

2 T Butter
2 T Flour
1 tsp dry mustard
2 cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
2 cups milk
2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese. (It has to look good after all)

Melt butter and stir in flour and dry mustard. 
Cook for 1 minute or so.
Add milk.
Heat until thick and then add cheese.
Cook noodles as directed.
Drain and add to sauce. 
Let thicken for 10 minutes. 
Overindulge. 

I found mini snickers ice cream bars in the freezer! Snickers and a night of Emmy's. So far so good!



                Best,
                       Anne

No comments: