Sunday, August 22, 2010

On to the next one...

Greetings. I have been away from the internet for a little while but in the meantime, I was eating delicious food. On my ride to Seattle, I was given an Appeal drink from Becky. It's basically juice, which I liked. Except, there were chunks of Aloe in every gulp. Once I got past that strange factor, I was able to finish the drink. I arrived in Seattle on Friday afternoon to stay with my Aunt Susan. 
Aunt Susan always has the food ready! She had half of a sandwich for me and grapes.
Grapes are so addicting. Why is it that every time a bowl of grapes is in front of me I eat about 100. Then I wonder why my stomach feels funny later. I must be grapeful. Literally.
We decided to take a nice long walk to get out of the apartment. When dinner rolled around, we were making quesadillas. (I mainly sat and watched as she got all of the ingredients out. Turns out, offering to help didn't receive much positive feedback!)
How beautiful? On my quesadilla I had black beans, cheese, red pepper and onions. I added salsa and more guacamole than you see here ;-D
Breakfast on Saturday morning was a bowl of Shredded wheats and blackberries. Boy are those blackberries in season! Mmmm. Delicious!
Aunt Susan had been mentioning this Italian restaurant that she wanted to take me. Even though I hate Italian, I tagged along. (.....kidding) We couldn't have stumbled upon this place at a more perfect time! It's called TuttaBella and won the 2010 Indie Pizzeria of the Year in Pizza Today Magazine! While that is all fine and dandy, what is even greater is that they had a week-long promotion giving out one free pizza per table! We chose one with fresh mozzarella, artichoke hearts, basil, (mushrooms on her side) and it was unreal.
Her view from the apartment isn't too shabby.
When I arrived on Bainbridge Island to stay with my friends, we went for a Mexican feast.
I ordered a Veggie Tostada and well, this clearly isn't it. They gave me a veggie burrito instead which I ate. I'm easy going, after all. 


I'll be on Bainbridge until Thursday and then it's sweet home Chicago!

                Best, 
                      Anne

No comments: