Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fall on the mind.

I've never met a person who dislikes the season of fall. 
We probably wouldn't be friends if I did. 
With September starting tomorrow, it's making me more excited to start this whole season! Summer is too hot. Especially in Illinois. Even though it's 87 degrees here today, I can only think about the cool breeze, pretty leaves, and all things pumpkin. 
Pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter, pumpkin bread, pumpkin candles, pumpkin EVERYTHING. It's no wonder why I'm ready for all things cinnamon by the time December rolls around. 
What else can we look forward to? College football. Well, we don't all have to look forward to it but I'm certainly ready! Light-weight sweaters? Jeans? Kitchen aromas? I should stop before this post turns into a novel. 
 Sure, school happens to start in the fall but we all get through it...or got through it already (jealous). 
Basically, I look at fall as a start. Start a new season off on the right foot (or the left foot)! I'll share more of my love for fall often, I'm sure. 
Homemade granola parfait. One cup of honey greek yogurt. One handful of my mom's granola and half of a banana.
Salad for lunch.
And a trusty PB and J!

Now, time to prepare to face the outdoor heat. I'm such a weakling when it comes to this humidity! Eesh.
Enjoy your last day of August!

                 Best,
                        Anne

No comments: