Saturday, August 28, 2010

Soft Spot for Siblings



Friday afternoon Melissa and I ate leftover pizza. I think pizza is better leftover...well, unless it wasn't good the first time. 
Then we had a few chunks of a huge cookie. It was messy---I swear I don't always have crumbs on my hand!
Last night, Meliss and I picked up our one-of-a-kind brother, John. We drove to Bucktown (I sound like I know what I'm talking about but I truly do not) to eat at Jane's. Jane's was a cute little restaurant with outdoor seating that serves American-style food with vegan and vegetarian options. John's favorite! We started with a hummus appetizer since it was half priced. Yummus!
 

Dining alfresco.
John and Melissa wanted their food photographed. John ordered an angel hair dish with chicken and a chipotle pesto sauce that was not chipotle-like at all. He still enjoyed the "flavor". Thank goodness!
Melissa got the veggie burger. Lookin' pretty fantastic over there! We also discussed how awful this kind of table is and that there isn't a point.
I ordered a salad (that I did not realize would be so giant!) with a million things on it. Carrots, sun-dried cherries, red peppers, etc. This is the before picture. 

After: Looks like I haven't started but I really ate and ate and ate. Leftovers :)
We went to John's apartment for a half hour and Meliss and I ate a familiar cookie sitting in tupperware. Nothing like Mom's cookies!
This morning I had cinnamon pecan cereal with nectarine slices. I love summer fruit---any fruit.


We're off on some errands. I get to dog sit today and I couldn't be more excited! See you later today folks.

             Best,
                    Anne

No comments: