Monday, August 16, 2010

A beautiful weekend



What a whirlwind of a weekend! I have a lot to catch up on but it was all worth it. I did not have my camera handy throughout the entire camping trip but I have a few photos of food/snacks. For the most part, I have unbelievable pictures of Mt. Rainier. I hope those will do. 

On my way to Seattle on Friday I tried some Pretzel M&Ms. I must say they are quite tasty! Even though Peanut M&Ms will never be beat, these are probably my second favorite. 


I stopped at Panera Bread on my way down because it's just so consistently delicious and I don't have one in Bellingham. It's always a nice treat! I had half of the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich and the Garden Vegetable soup. Veggie overload?
I was going all out on my stop. I finished a wonderful meal with some frozen yogurt from Red Mango loaded with blueberries, coconut and graham cracker dust. I need to invest in a fro-yo machine....in my room. 

We went on a nice, lengthy hike while at Mt. Rainier. I could say a lot about it but in this case, pictures are better than words. 





Breathtaking, to say the least. 






I snacked on lots of almonds...but also fed a few to a swarm of chipmunk friends. 

More please?


All in all, it was a wonderful weekend full of good company and outstanding sights. I only uploads a handful of the hundred or so pictures I took. Now that it's Monday, I'm ready to get back on track! I need to make a rather large to-do list before I forget! I'll be back later with some food pictures from today. It's good to have somewhat real food again.

                  Best,
                        Anne

No comments: