Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Let's review.

Let's talk about the movie Eat, Pray, Love, shall we? In case you aren't aware, Julia Roberts stars in the movie based on the novel by Elizabeth Gilbert. I like Julia Roberts the appropriate amount I guess so I thought she would be pretty good in the role. 
This is the review from imdb.com

'Liz Gilbert (Roberts) had everything a modern woman is supposed to dream of having - a husband, a house, a successful career - yet like so many others, she found herself lost, confused, and searching for what she really wanted in life. Newly divorced and at a crossroads, Gilbert steps out of her comfort zone, risking everything to change her life, embarking on a journey around the world that becomes a quest for self-discovery. In her travels, she discovers the true pleasure of nourishment by eating in Italy; the power of prayer in India, and, finally and unexpectedly, the inner peace and balance of true love in Bali."

 I read the book (okay okay I read almost the entire thing---I became rather bored) a long time ago but thought the movie could be interesting. My aunt and I went to the movie this past weekend. We discussed the reviews we'd heard. People said "I like the book but not the movie" or "I loved the movie but hated the book"...people are so difficult. We went in with an open opinion and especially enjoyed the beginning in Italy. Who doesn't like watching people eat pizza and gelato?! After a good chunk of the movie,  my aunt ran to the restroom. Then I ran to the restroom. Then I realized Liz was still in Italy. Still. Liz, can your four months travel a little faster on the screen please? I found myself constantly checking the time. It was such a lengthy movie that I didn't want to enjoy it anymore. I wanted to leave and nap and eat gelato at least. Julia Roberts was genuine but overshadowed by my impatience. Sorry, JR. But, if you have two and a half hours and ten dollars to burn, check it out! 
(P.S. You don't have to agree with me. I'm completely okay with that!)

In other news, I saw The kids are all right last evening. Just to show you that I am not a harsh critic, I did enjoy this movie. 

Let's talk food!  



This morning I had a hot cup of honey vanilla chamomile tea. A bit robust for me, but I drank it. 

More toast. 
I went out to lunch with Brooke, another wonderful person on Bainbridge Island, and I had Wild Rice and Lentil soup. It was pretty good. The oatmeal bread on the side stole the show though.

And that's that. 

               Best, 
                      Anne

No comments: