Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to it!

Okay, I'm ready! This morning I woke up at...wait for it...9:45am! I really needed that. I have missed my bed oh so dearly. As usual, I was starving the moment I woke up. I fixed myself a bowl of Greek yogurt, cereal and a drizzle of agave nectar. Scrumptious!

I finally did laundry today that I have been putting off for awhile. Unfortunately, my washer and dryer are in the basement area which isn't so much of a basement as it is a storage area full of cobwebs. After I battled three disgusting, large spiders and their five foot webs, I got the job done. Let's just say I'm going to dread doing the laundry so I may have a large bag to carry on the plane in two weeks when I head home ;-D
After a weekend of camping, I wanted vegetables. I think they wanted me as well. We understand each other. This Hodgepodge came in handy this afternoon.
I cooked those veggies up like it was my job.
Then I happily ate each and every one.
You know I had to have a string cheese too!
While those veggies were exactly what I wanted for lunch, a few hours later I was a little hungry. Turns out they only keep you full for a little while. At least I was got the phytochemicals I was dying to ingest. During my afternoon of errands, I stopped by the food co-op for a snack. I picked up this feta mint orzo salad which was not really my cup of tea. I had thought it was right up my alley but that was definitely not the case. Something didn't sit well with me. Oh yeah, it was probably those little peas. 
I also grabbed a coconut ball thingy, speaking in technical terms of course. It was pretty good. Vegan-y.
Dinner was somewhat inspired by the failed snack but way better. I had a stuffed red pepper full of brown rice, spinach and feta.
I did not cook the pepper since I wasn't sure what the oven was going to do to me today. Even still, it was just what I wanted.
I have to introduce you to this. When I was in Portland, I tried Dave's Killer Bread at the farmer's market. It was so delicious but then I saw this Killer Bread at the grocery store here. WHY did my eyes have to fall on this cinnamon bread. There is a reason the word "sin" is in the name. This truly will be the death of me. A cinnamon coma is surely the most ideal of all comas.
I could eat the entire loaf, or dawg, if I could. I mean, I guess I could, but I'm trying to be a responsible adult here.
I ended up putting mine in the microwave for twenty seconds to warm the center. Pillsbury had better watch out!
All I know is I want every one of you guys to come over and try this. This is not a joke. 

              Best,
                      Anne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a joke. You don't cook. You unwrap packaged foods and then claim that they're "healthy" or "vegany" when really, they're full of additives. If I haven't made myself clear, I hate your blog.

Anne said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Haha love that someone who is a hater has to post as anonymous, coward. Also last time I checked reading blogs was an optional thing, which I choose to read bc I love it! :)