Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Best Chili I Ever Made

Tonight I want to share a delicious recipe with you.  It's from another Anne blogger whom I adore.  She is becoming a registered dietitian and is studying in North Carolina.  She posted a chili recipe the other day and I knew it was my next task.  When I had a day off, I decided I'd like to do nothing more than cook and bake all day.  So I did.  I made chili and cupcakes.

Can I tell you my honest opinion?  This is probably better than any meaty chili you are used to devouring.  

Okay, you will have to try it to determine that but that is just my biased opinion.  Ugh...vegetariAnnes...

Sweet Potato Lentil Quinoa Chili 
Adapted from Fannetastic Food

16 oz lentils (not dry) -I recommend the Trader Joe's kind
2 cups quinoa 
3 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 container vegetable broth
1.5 cups water
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fennel
3 handfuls of kale, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3 Tbsp cumin 
1 Tbsp cinnamon 
Hot sauce to taste (highly recommended!)

Bring the vegetable broth, water, and lentils to a boil.  Let simmer for 10 minutes. 
Add quinoa to soak up broth. 
Add sweet potatoes, carrots, garlic, kale, and fennel. While it's still simmering, add the cumin, cinnamon and hot sauce. 
Wait until sweet potatoes and carrots are soft enough. 
Optional: Add a few sprigs of cilantro on top!

The recipe is super easy and quick!  The lentils and quinoa are a great combination to fill you up.  Please go try this and tell me what you think! 


Be thankful challenge: Today has just been one of those days...but I'm thankful for walks and lights on trees!

ALSO----Happy 21st to my cousin, John and happy anniversary to my parents!  Today is a very, very special day for some of my favorite people :) Love and miss you!

          Best, 
                 Anne

No comments: