Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vacation during Vacation

This summer/fall is full of first time experiences and travels. Last month I traveled to Montana and enjoyed every aspect of the beautiful scene. Up next? California! I am lucky enough to travel to another state that I have never been to. California is Washington's Florida to Illinois people. Does that make sense? If people aren't already retiring in the cool climate here, they head to California, just like people from Illinois would retire to Florida. Don't look up that statistic. During my classes I heard at least 7 people discuss how their grandparents moved to California. Naturally, I assume that's the case with the grandparents that make up part of the state's population of 6.5 million. Again, don't quote me on such demographics. My aunt Susan and I will be soaring to LA to visit my cousin Lisa and her husband Mike in Malibu! All I can expect is the sun, beaches, beautiful views, and lots of laughs. There is something so comforting and refreshing when you are with family. It's like hopping into another world apart from the norm that puts you at ease without a care in the world. Alright alright I know I don't have many cares right now because this is my vacation and I am going to California to go on another vacation BUT don't badger me, I will be full of cares and worries in a few weeks once I join the rest of the world and begin school. If that makes you feel better...

My dear friends, I will write again of my travels and stories when I return to this divine Evergreen State on Monday. Until then, my see-through skin and I will be in The Golden State, soaking in everything. Literally.
Take care.

Best,
Anne

No comments: