Sunday, September 20, 2009

If I run faster, I'll be done faster.

Hopefully my nightmares will come to an end in one week. I have had countless dreams about the upcoming marathon. None of them have been to my liking, unfortunately. I have one week to prepare mentally and physically for the big day. As much as I am excited to run the race and be done with it, I bet you all cannot wait to stop hearing about it! Well, I will at least be excited to stop talking about it. I can't begin to describe the past four months of training. It has gone by so quickly but it has also lasted forever. The fact that I have to run three more times this week before the marathon boggles my mind. I don't remember how to run two or three miles. In fact, I predict those runs to be more challenging than running fifteen! I know that sounds rather ridiculous but sadly it is true. I am pleased with the timing of the marathon. It's happening just when I am getting bored of running around every day. I'm overjoyed that my parents will be there to see the race. So, just in case you don't believe me, there will be witnesses! I hope my legs don't give up on me in the next few days.

This week will undeniably be the best week of September. With all the busy events, I will have other things to focus on instead of focusing only on the marathon looming in the distance. For starters, I am waiting for my mom to land in less than an hour. It does not seem real to me that I'll see her since it has been four months, but it's true! I will! Then the week begins and in no time my dad will arrive! School starts Wednesday, and I'm halfway to the tremendous day! Enough about my weekly schedule though. I'm surprised you're still reading at this point! Turn the computer off, relax on this beautiful Sunday (I sure hope it's beautiful wherever you are), watch the Steelers game, take a walk, have a delicious meal, have a satisfying night of sleep, and enjoy your Monday. Please follow those directions to the best of your ability.
Happy Sunday, all.

Best,
Anne

No comments: