Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Impossible!



I call for a re-count! I have had an entire day to ceaselessly comprehend why Ellen DeGeneres did not receive an Emmy for Best Daytime Talk Show. If there was another candidate that actually deserved the coveted crown, I suppose I could find it in my loyal Ellen-loving heart to be happy for this impostor, I mean, rookie. It's hard to be happy when that other candidate who stole the crown from Ellen after she wore it for three well-deserved years is none other than the ear-splitting Rachael Ray. "Yum-o"? More like "Yuck-o". I understand that she may have some good recipes but I find it difficult to truly believe that people enjoy listening to her voice. It's clear that people must find her funny or likeable since she has a talk show. Although I am strongly opposed (alright, completely biased) to her show, I am understanding and realize that I don't have to sit and listen to her. So I do not ever allow her orange lifestyle or raspy, boisterous voice into my daily schedule. Now, I can confirm that there is not a single episode of Ellen that does not get a laugh, cry, or conversation out of me. Her fan base grows by the second because of her hilarious quips. Not only is she good-humored, she is also good-hearted. I cannot add up the donations she gives to charities, the money she gives to those who have lost their jobs, the phone calls she makes to fans (still waiting...), the opportunities she creates for people, and the lasting impressions that are inflicted on our world. WORLD! Simply saying she only influences our country would not be truthful. Countries around the world are constantly sending their love to Ellen! That explains a lot about her impact on those around her and those continents away. I have been going on this rant about how unfair it is but I'm sure Ellen's attitude was a bit less wrathful. I suppose I'll put my thoughts at rest on the topic. I know who deserved it and that's enough for me. Was Rachael Ray ever asked to be featured on the Oprah magazine? I didn't think so. (Catch Ellen on the December 2009 Issue!) Until then, I am looking forward to the new season of Ellen and anxiously await the new guests, new laughs, new dances and new adventures. See you in six days, Ellen.

Best,
Anne

No comments: