Friday, September 4, 2009

The Pinnacle

All sickness aside, I woke up this morning to complete this very large run. The conditions could not have been better. The sun was shining with a cool breeze to greet me alongside the bay. Not only was this the longest run of the training program, it was the most boring run. No deer. No one almost hit me coming out of their driveway. No other wildlife spottings. Not even a lot of people out except for the occasional dog walker or construction worker. I find myself very jealous of the leisurely walkers who are with their friends taking part in an absolutely gorgeous morning stroll. What's their deal? Can't they wait until I am not around to painlessly parade about the town? I suppose I do not have to deal with their tomfoolery anymore but they are lucky to have gotten away with it.

Well that's it! Three weeks from Sunday I will be ending this four month long journey and boy am I thrilled. I look forward to the energy from every other marathoner to keep my motivation high and present throughout the grueling race. Unfortunately, I do not have anything more to say. My body is exhausted which makes my mind exhausted. It's hard to describe but you know when you run 20 miles and feel too tired to function? Yes! It's exactly like that. I'm glad we are on the same page.

Best,
Anne

No comments: