Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Video fail

The good news is that I finally completed my 18 miler after procrastinating for days!  The bad news is that my flip cam was not fully charged, thus leaving you with this unsatisfying video...
So what I was saying was that I'm back home in Crystal Lake and gosh am I so pleasantly surprised with this weather!  Knowing I'd be home at this part of winter did scare me a little but my run actually made me quite warm!  I love when people take advantage of the weather like this.  I saw many runners and walkers and even ice fishers (each time I passed them I said a little prayer for the ice not to melt until they left the ice!).  I mean, it's clear that once again I am slacking on this whole training thing.  I'll even admit I was a bit nervous this morning.  I knew that I'd enjoy the run once I was in the middle because I cannot stress how therapeutic it is to run and be completely alone with your thoughts.  The first half mile was not enjoyable but I eventually got it in gear and continued on.  By mile 13 I was aching.  I kept reminding myself how lucky I am for such a beautiful day.  I was certainly not eager to run in the bitter cold.  All in all, I spent my run thinking about everything under the moon.  Before I knew it, I was done.  Whew.  I am one sore lady.  

Only one more (maybe two) extremely long runs before the big marathon day!  How is it February tomorrow?  Have a great start to the month!  I shall leave you with this.  
        Best, 
               Anne

No comments: