Thursday, January 5, 2012

Before or After?

For the past few months I have been eating breakfast after my workout in the morning.  I have never been that person.  I have been the person who opens her eyes in the morning and expects a bowl of oatmeal to be staring back.  I am not certain how this started but it hasn't changed me too much.  Since I wake up so early to workout, I end up eating breakfast at a "normal" time by the time I'm done. It has been interesting to do this while training.  Sure, if I end up running at 2 pm obviously I have already had breakfast.  This is just if I have to workout before I work in the morning.  Today was the same as the past few months.  I woke up at 5 am and had a 14 miler on the docket.  I did not have time to eat and digest prior to running, so I just went for it.  Honestly, it was no problem.  It reminded me of Jackson Browne's hit, Running on Empty (Stomachs).  That was precisely what I was doing. (I'm not sure if you are aware, but I have this...quirk.  I change song titles and lyrics to relate to anything I do or see or think throughout the day.  It's a problem, but we can talk about it more later). Even still, I survived my 14 miles and I only started to feel starving around mile 10.  Not too bad!  I was capable of powering through the last 4 miles and then it was time to eat some breakfast and start work.  It's truly amazing what you can accomplish when it's still dark out.*

          Best,
                 Anne

*Mom, I didn't run outside...don't worry.

No comments: