Friday, December 23, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Guess what? I'm finally in the Christmas spirit!  Better late than...later than Christmas...so that's good.  I'm currently listening to Christmas music and hanging out with Rafa (who has been exceptionally good tonight and his poor mother forgot to get a gift for Sunday!!! Add that to my to do list for tomorrow). Speaking of to-do lists...I have about a million things to do tonight and so I plan to spend the next six hours getting things done and have the apartment looking spotless. Blogging, drinking a glass of wine, and playing with Rafa is not going to keep me productive but I am opting for this over productivity just for now!  Don't worry---I will wait a few hours before I run my six miles.  Promise!

Nordstrom has surprised me the last couple days.  The days have flown by and I have really been happy being there as opposed to the long days that never seem to end.  I am really getting to know the people in the departments on my floor which has been a fun experience.  Sadly, one of my favorite salesperson and co-worker is moving.  Today was her last day and I will be so sad to see her go.  She is truly wonderful.

So here I am, two days before Christmas and I'm finally ready.  Finally excited.  I cannot wait to see my family.  I cannot wait to have a couple of days to just relax and soak in all of the love and comfort.  Can I just confess something?  I never thought I'd be hosting Christmas so soon in my lifetime.  I'd like to thank every single person who hosts such events...it's a lot of work and you guys are incredible!  Now I just hope my family isn't going to change their mind of visiting when I tell them I don't have a coffee maker...I know, I suck at fitting in while living in such a coffee driven city.

Even still, the clock is ticking and I have lots to do!  I'm truly grateful for my family to come visit me for Christmas.  They never stop making me smile.  This leads me to my Christmas wish...

I wish that you will all smile throughout this holiday.  There is so much to be happy and grateful for, despite all of the sadness throughout the world.  We cannot forget those who will not have a meal, those who will not have a parent, and those who will not have a home.  So please do not forget to pray.  Pray for those who need your prayers now more than ever.  When you are with your loved ones this Christmas, give them extra hugs and tell them how happy you are to have them in your life.  And to you all, I wish you the merriest Christmas.  You should know that I am so blessed to know you all and have you in my life.  You keep me going. Amen.


       Best,
              Anne

1 comment:

Melissa said...

No coffee maker!? Well lucky for you, you haven't opened your Christmas gift yet...