Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A day off in the life....

Today I did not have to work.  Well, of course I worked a tiny bit but for the most part, I had the full day off.  Usually I work on the weekends so it is sort of a treat to have a day off in the middle of the week to catch up on life.  Sure, I did some laundry and ran some errands that do not seem like typical "great day off" types of things...but to me, those are just the start to a nice day.  I really enjoy not rushing and getting to something when I get to it (seriously, my room will be clean TOMORROW!) but with work lately, the rushing feeling has been happening more and more. I made plans to meet with friends on Bainbridge Island this afternoon.  I took some time to walk downtown to the ferry terminal.  I listened to music and soaked up every ounce of this winter day.  It was overcast and perfect.  I enjoyed walking downtown more than I have in a long time.  Just me and my thoughts. 
The pigs were in their holiday best.
Not many Christmas trees left at the market but I thought they were still beautiful.  If Rafa wasn't such a crazy and rambunctious curious dog, I would love having a full size tree!  Emily and I have settled for the potted tree  atop the counter (still real because the fake ones just don't have the same appeal). 
 I sat on the ferry and looked at my city.  Sometimes I cannot believe I'm living in Seattle.  It's hard to explain. When you all move here, you'll know what I mean.  It's really worth it, too.
 Hey Cascade mountains! I love you with like, most of my heart!
 One ticket, please!
 Bainbridge Island is so beautiful and so are my friends Hannah and Becky!

It was an incredible day off.  My suggestion for you, friends, is to give yourself a chance to soak in a day off with all of the happiness you can find.  It's certainly out there for you.

        Best,
               Anne

No comments: