Monday, December 19, 2011

I hate to be a Grinch...

...but I'm feeling like one these days.  This is the first year I haven't had a winter break from school with nothing to do but see family, friends, and have fun at home.  I've learned quickly that the retail industry sucks the Christmas spirit out of you when you are on the other side of the cash register.  I am forcing myself to listen to the Michael Buble Christmas station on the computer right now and that's as far as I can push it right now.  Sure,  it makes me a little happier, but I am not quite to the point where I am so excited for Christmas!  You know what though?  I cannot stand those people.  Those people who say they aren't super excited.  Ahem, what got into me?  I turned into one of those people right before your very eyes (that are reading this on the computer screen).  The thing is, I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas.  I'm not dreaming of anything in particular.  Christmas is just my next day off work and it kills me that it has come to that.

I just have not had a chance to focus on the time of the year.  I have found all of my gifts and put some thought into each one...but that's as far as it has gone.  I have a hard time believing it will be 2012 in just a couple weeks.  This past weekend started with the best night of the year and ended with the worst night of the year. My night of seeing Jay-Z and Kanye in concert was my best night of the year, so what?  At least the concert didn't start my year or things would have really gone down hill.

I feel like I'm stuck.  I'm stuck in this floating area of nothingness.  No extreme enthusiasm.  And do you know what?  That's not me.  It never has been.  I never want it to be.  So I'm going to try to get rid of the Grinch before Christmas.  I sure hope it's possible.  Otherwise I'll just be a Grinch who turns one year older.  And do you know what?  That's not me.

         Best,
                Anne

No comments: