Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Don't you worry your pretty little mind

This summer I went on a road trip with two of my favorite girls.  It was not until mid-trip that my friend Kendra mentioned to me that everything she said, I turned into a positive.  If she mentioned that she was tired, I would say something along the lines of "but at least we are in California!"  If she mentioned she was hungry, I would say something along the lines of "but at least we have snacks in the back!"  It's hard to explain this.  At first it annoyed her.  I kept turning her glass half empty into a glass half full and sometimes people just want to leave their glass half empty.  Then I get in the way and fill it up.

As the trip went on, I caught myself mid "but," sentence...it turned into a joke by the end, even though I didn't mean to.  She is the first person to ever bring this up to me.  I do it all the time.  I can see how it could be annoying, but how do I apologize for seeing the bright side of things?  Even still, I need to take a lesson from my annoying self.  Sometimes I do not listen or understand when people show me the bright side of things.  And if I know anything, there is ALWAYS a bright side!  Really.  It doesn't matter how many smiles you have to fake.  Eventually it will start to turn into a real, beaming smile.  Those are the best kinds of smiles, by the way.

So if you could take anything away from this post, it is that life may throw tiny or major curve balls at you, "BUT" there is always something positive to take away...and if you forget that, just tell me about your empty glass and I will fill it right up.

           Best,
                   Anne

No comments: