Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rain Check

I knew what I was getting into and I am preparing myself for the worst of it. This whole weather thing is a bit wonky in the state of Washington. It clearly impacts my training program. Even still, I'm making the best of it at this point. I am not worried about the 6-milers on the gym track every once in awhile. It's those long weekend runs that are going to be a test of my patience (and endurance...obviously). I think it's funny how much I check the weather forecast when it plays a role in how my day will turn out. Without a training schedule, I always assumed there would be rain, put on my boots and hood, and went on my merry way. Any ounce of sunshine was a treat! I suppose it's still the same but when running, I need to have a deeper passion for running in the rain. It will happen. I mean, it has to happen. On a sunnier note, it is looking like great weather for my 12-miler on Saturday! 47 degrees??? That's balmy! 



The wonderful thing about all the rain in the winter is how thankful you can be for a ray of sunshine. Sometimes it's all you need.


                  Best,
                          Anne

No comments: