Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lingering thoughts

Missoula, Montana:
This weekend I made a surprise visit to the beautiful town of Missoula, Montana. One of the beautiful things about living alone without anything holding you back is the fact that executive decisions are made on a daily basis and they are quickly planned out. Should I wash the dishes tonight or tomorrow? (You won't want to in the morning...just get it over with.) Do I need to run in the morning or the afternoon? (How 'bout I run tomorrow and change my whole schedule because I don't feel like it today!) Should I sit home or go see two movies in a row at the movie theater? (Julie and Julia followed by 500 Days of Summer is truly the best recipe.) Should I drive nine hours to Montana to surprise my friend Teresa on her birthday? (You bet!)
Needless to say, executive decisions get the job done and eliminate procrastination (unless I make executive decisions to procrastinate which is completely valid). I know I am not the manager or head of a company and have the last say in something more important than waiting a day or not to wash the dishes, but the decision is necessary no matter what the case entails. On that note, I think the executive decision regarding the annihilation of Saturday mail should be against it. http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/16/greene.saturday.mail/index.html Although the days I get mail are few and far between, I am saddened on Sunday afternoon when there is no need to check the mail box. If Saturday brought about the same sadness as Sunday with the lack of mail, I wouldn't know what to do. Sending something on Thursday that would most likely get to someone on Monday is simply disheartening. I'm still coping with not receiving mail on holidays. We'll have to wait and see...but until then, we have six days of mail on the way.

Best,
Anne

No comments: