Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello!

Today starts the beginning of my blogging journey. A little background may be what you are itching for so here it is: I recently moved to Bellingham, WA from Crystal Lake, IL. I am going to school out here but besides that, I needed a change in my life. Don't get me wrong, the midwest provides plenty of opportunity but not the opportunity I seek. I am not going to graduate and move to Chicago like half of the midwestern population. Truly happy for those who do, but you will not see me following them. I do not know where my life will take me but I am already eager to find this out. Bellingham is flooded with sincere and let's just say it, eclectic people. Watching people ride their mountain bikes up and down the hills with such ease still amazes me. I highly doubt they are in their lowest gear. That is admirable. Vegetarian and Vegan foods are extremely prevalent and make it that more appealing to make the switcheroo to vegetarian. I am almost to the peak but the occasional piece of chicken or turkey is weighing me down. Besides the people and the food, I will never get over the views. The Bellingham Bay glistens as I round the corner each time I walk toward my apartment. As I train for my first marathon, I discover new trails, parks, lakes and houses during my runs. I find it fascinating how much there is to see in this town but also how much there is still unknown to me. I plan to enlighten you on my findings.

Best,
Anne

1 comment:

vstoeger said...

I just joined twitter and now I'm following your blog....I guess you could say I've "gotten with the times" all in about 5 minutes! Can't wait to live vicariously through you.