Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Have you seen them?

I have searched high and low. I opened the cabinets and checked the drawers. The freezer and the refrigerator were of no help. I had no luck under the bed or in the closest. I checked outside and I checked inside. I looked at websites and I read the articles. I ran and I walked in hopes of finding them. I listened to many tunes and I closed my eyes for moments of pure silence. I talked to friends and I conversed with family. They are still nowhere to be found. I wonder, have you seen them? Have you seen the creative juices I am rummaging for?
I was unable to think of something to write about today and I am going to blame the fact that I have lost my creative energy (temporarily, I assure you!) Believe it or not, the return of Brett Favre did not stir any emotion over here because I simply could care less. I'm actually ashamed I even mentioned him in this post seeing as his name has probably been tossed around (no pun intended) an infinite amount today. Enough about that. I will dish out (pun intended) another name that is on my mind right now. Tyler Florence. Of all the men that have their own shows on the Food Network, his is truly the best. His calm, soothing voice makes it impossible not to be completely hooked during each show. I don't even care if he is making something I wouldn't eat (okay, that might happen a lot. Sorry...but he loves cooking meat!) because his entire presentation stands out. He doesn't have to yell "BAM" (Emeril) or say "That's MONEY" (Guy) but if he does say something is "phenomenal", I believe it. You know, I think if I wasn't so squirmish around raw meat or fish, I'd become a chef in an instant! I'd also cook with creative juices...if I ever find them...

Best,
Anne

No comments: