Thursday, December 2, 2010

I can't hide my feelings.

I like December an awful lot. 
I like the anticipation. 
I like the smell of freshly cut pine trees. 
I like the boots and the scarves and the hats and the gloves. 
I like the promise of spending time with loved ones. 
I like the lights on houses and trees. 
I like the cookies sprinkled with love. 
I like the reason for the season.
I like the bustle of the hurried world. 
I like the deafening silence of the world when snow falls to the ground.
You might even say I love December. 
I'd like you to introduce me to a person who does not like December. 


Speaking of things I like about December, I do like the Food Network. They always have Holiday-themed episodes full of goodies. Why can't they make these foods for me? With the exception of Paula Deen, I'd enjoy almost all of the Food Network stars to cook for me over the holiday season. Tyler Florence could probably be there for every meal. I may not have a chance to make all of the meals but I will stare in awe as they tell me how great it smells. 
Sometimes I just don't have turmeric or saffron or tarragon leaves in my spice cabinet. Sometimes I don't have pre-sliced seasonal fruit to just add here and there. Sometimes I don't have a table scape for every meal. Sometimes I get told I look like Guy Fieri....













But I don't see the resemblance...

            Best, 
                    Anne

No comments: