Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dough Balls

I hope you aren't busy right now because you need to head straight to the kitchen. This is important. Awhile ago, I discovered this recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dough Balls. You won't believe me when I tell you they are just about the best cookies ever, so you'll have to bake them immediately to "prove me wrong." It's just a shame I'll be right. 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dough Balls
Slightly adapted from Mama Pea
  • 1/2 c. non-dairy margarine (i.e. Earth Balance)
  • 3/4 c. natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 c. organic brown sugar
  • 3/4 c. organic powdered sugar
  • 1/2 t. vanilla extract
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 3/4 t. salt
  • 1 and 1/2 c. unbleached organic flour
  • A few splashes of almond milk
  • 1/2 c. natural peanut butter chips and 1/2 c. non-dairy chocolate chips

Combine the first five ingredients in a mixer and mix until they form a nice paste. 
In a separate bowl combine the baking powder, soda, salt and flour. 
Add the dry ingredients to the mixer. 
Add the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet). 
The mixture will be dry so I incorporated my own touch of almond milk until the dough wasn't crumbly and was more smooth. 
Chill the dough for 30 minutes. 
Use a small ice cream scooper or your hands to make little dough balls and place in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
They will look like they aren't cooked all the way but never fear! They can cook for a minute or two once they are out of the oven. Let's not forget that they are called Dough balls, here. 
They are amazing right out of the oven and amazing at any other time. In fact, I'm off to grab another one! 
Nice and mixed. 
 Saved by the Almond milk! (That's not the first time I've said that)
 Dough balls---ready for heatin!
 They have to be better than this fruitcake...mystery. 


 The second batch came out a little rounder but even still, they taste phenomenal. 


So, please, GO MAKE THESE NOW!
Or you can give me your address and I will send you some. 

          Best, 
                 Anne

3 comments:

Beth said...

3975 n Cramer st apt 101
Milwaukee WI 53211

Please and thanks : )

Alexe said...

i have some in my belly right this second!

Unknown said...

Alexe I am jealous!! Sounds amazing!