Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Did you think I'd stopped?

I know you have survived several posts without me talking about running.  But I'm back with another post!  Guess what, the Bank of America Chicago Marathon is in a mere 33 days!  To say I'm freaking out is quite an understatement.  Of course, this summer continuously kept me busy with interning, working, traveling, laughing, and seeing my friends.  How does one fit a 15 miler into all of that?  Well, I did at some point.  My goodness though, it wasn't as easy breezy as I'd hoped.  This weekend I have a 17 miler or 18...I haven't decided.  I'm behind thanks to randomly deciding to run this silly race!  Even still, I'm glad I have the opportunity to spend a weekend in Chicago and be a part of the 45,000 nuts that want to run 26.2.  An added bonus, FAMILY!  Gosh, I will never stop missing my family.  I miss them when they are in the next room.  I miss them when I think about how they will leave or I will leave.  There is a lot of missing going on, but I'm still happy.  Missing someone is a part of life.  I can't imagine not missing someone.  Sure, it's great to be side by side, but when the wait is over, seeing someone after weeks or months or years is that much sweeter.  That's how I feel about my family.  I cannot wait to see them in a month. I cannot wait to see them in the crowd at the marathon...and I'll miss them every mile until I see their faces again.




Hey, stay tuned for more posts about running...I'm getting excited!

        Best,
                Anne

No comments: