Friday, September 30, 2011

City hoppin'

Last week the local news station posted this picture of Seattle which was sent in from someone arriving to Sea-Tac Airport (see below description).  I find this picture so enchanting.  Today I will be heading to Sea-Tac myself to fly to Illinois.  It's time to mentally prepare for the Chicago marathon in 9 measly days! 

Thatcher Kelley snapped this photo from his plane on approach to Sea-Tac Airport Sept. 20, 2011. “I popped up my camera with a 70mm lens attached, waited for the wing and blurry jet exhaust to clear the view. I quickly focused, jammed my face against the seat in front of me to get the best angle, and snapped the shot just before Rainier disappeared from view," said Thatcher.



 I am certainly looking forward to seeing the family and friends whom I am unable to see every day.  Sure, the marathon may be the MAIN reason I'm coming home, but that does not mean it has to be the only reason!  Chicago, I'm looking forward to getting to know you on a whole new level.  Please don't rain on me. 

Anne Vurdelja snapped this photo while standing on her two feet during the summer a few years ago. “I popped up my camera with a zero fancy lenses attached, waited for nothing since this was a clear view. I barely focused, looked at the screen, and snapped the shot just before catching up with my sister," said Anne.


See you in Illinois!

        Best, 
                Anne

No comments: