Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cookies and Chatarungas

Sometimes I can not keep my mind from racing during yoga class. Before each class I tell myself to turn off my brain to everything else. This isn't the same as going out for a run and having that road look at you begging for you to just speak. I want yoga to stop all the madness in my brain so that I can put my effort into practicing the perfect pigeon pose (just a little alliteration to start your morning). Yesterday I worked on "letting my synovial fluid relax" but somehow I kept thinking about vanilla wafers. I have class for fifty minutes and I cannot tell my mind to not think about baking? Shame on me. 


 Vanilla Wafers 
Recipe from Mama Pea
1/2 c. vegan margarine (Earth Balance)
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
A splish and splash of Almond Milk
1 t. vanilla extract
1 and 1/3 c. unbleached flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder

Preheat oven to 375
Mix margarine, both sugars, milk, and vanilla
In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and powder. 
Add dry mixture to wet mixture. 
Scoop a tablespoon of dough and flatten it with your fingers on baking sheet
Bake for 11-13 minutes
Eat.
 Maybe you will think about making these this morning, afternoon, or evening. It tastes better than meditation.
Now I may start my morning with child's pose or something. You should make these cookies or else...shame on you.

           Best, 
                  Anne


No comments: