Thursday, January 7, 2010

A day in the life...

A week into the new year, huh? Boy has time flown. Yes I realize that is such an overused statement...

"You're in college already? Time has just flown by!" "He's talking and walking? Oh time simply flew by!" "The election was over a year ago? Where has the time gone?" "It's time to make dinner? The time has flown by today!"

...While the statement is overused, it's practical and usually true when expressed. Many people reflect on how fast the decade went by and I do believe it did, I also cannot reflect on all of those years. 2009 was a very unique and wonderful year. Although I am unable to pinpoint every thing that happened (like some Christmas letters that believe everyone reading is dying to know about Aunt Sally's trip to the zoo or what Lucy did in horseback riding) I can still name a few things that I enjoyed.

Before I begin this list, I should note that my memory is not perfect. If I forget a monumental moment, I apologize to my readers expecting to read about it...but I do not really know what that would be or if my readers care. With that said, here we go.

1. January- Still freezing, I'm sure in the chilly Midwest. January isn't the greatest month (with the exception of my mom's 35th birthday.......) but it still sets everyone straight until we all ache for just a little sign of spring.

2. February- More can be said about February. It is the most BRUTAL of the winter months. Who enjoys February? Clearly, I don't remember anything interesting in that month because I was just trying to survive until I saw March.

3. March-If my memory is correct, I flew to WA avec ma famille and we found an apartment for me to live. Successful! I could go on and on about every detail and every conversation but again, I will not turn into one of those over-the-top Christmas letters writers!

4. April-Hmmm....surely I can think of something...This would be the point in the letter that may have read "Our little Annie was so anxious to head out west!" A valid statement.

5. May-I spent most of the month preparing to move, saying goodbyes, and packing up boxes to ship. May was a good month. And then I moved. And then I started training for a marathon...

6. June- I started summer school. Loved it. Brother John and Cousin John were nice enough to come visit Washington! The weather was very warm! (except when they were visiting) Still running....and running....

7. July- ...and running...Melissa headed my way next. It was lovely. A trip to Canada took place with many adventurous. You don't really care though. Moving right along....

8. August-I started this little blog. August 12th to be exact. It was a Wednesday. (calm down, I checked the records!) I drove to Montana two days later. It was another warm month. My friend Beth visited. (I have been lucky to have so many visitors!) Don't worry...I ran...

9. September- I could delete everything I wrote thus far and comment on how September was the best month of my entire year. Hands down, without a doubt! First, I went with my Aunt Susan to California to visit Lisa and Mike. Right then I decided I'd have to make this trip more often! Then, my parents came to visit. I started school. Last but not least, I ran the marathon. The most grueling but rewarding experience of my life. I could have ended the year on that note alone!

10. October-School....school....

11. November-Is school over yet?

12. December-Home for the holidays after 7 months. Amen.

There you have it. My year in a nut shell. I should probably rephrase that and say my year in a very small... pistachio shell. Hopefully it didn't bore you too much. If it did, I can only suggest you find something to mock or laugh about and I won't know the difference.

Now that 2009 is on the back burner, we can all hope for a pleasant, healthy and joyful 2010. I do wish everyone the best and hope you had a great past year.
Cherish it because in a matter of moments we will all be same how fast the time flew...

Best,
Anne

No comments: