Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Send me to vANNEcouver?


It's hard to contain my pure enjoyment of the 50 degree weather Bellingham has been having for quite some time now. But I have to wonder about that place north of here. A little place I like to call Vancouver. You probably are not aware, since NBC has lost millions of dollars NOT promoting them, that the 2010 Winter Olympics are in Vancouver in just a few short weeks. How are the Winter Olympics going to begin with spring weather? The show must go on! Sure, figure skating, curling and other indoor activities will go as planned but what about the mountain sports? I'd hate to see them put wheels on the bottom of their skis to go roller-cross-country skiing on a mountain full of dirt. The skeleton and luge would be a bit uncomfortable if the smooth, icy path is melting and they end up in puddles of water. The ski jump is now a mere bump in the ground, I'd assume. How will they ever be able to prove to the world how great they are at their specific sports? First, I suggest they lower ticket prices. That way, I can go and cheer on such talented athletes. Second, I will tell the world (or the dozen people reading this) how phenomenal they were in spite of the weather conditions. Finally, I will give you all loonies and toonies in exchange for donations to attend and report on the winter (or spring?) Olympics. That is how you will know the validity of these remarkable athletes. With that said, the Olympics begin on February 12th. Tickets can be found via the World Wide Web. Think about it? Warm wishes.

Best,
Anne

No comments: