Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Unlockout

The television shows that are on this fall have already kept me occupied for 30-60 minutes every couple of days each week.  I have my favorites, as does anyone, but there is something seriously lacking from my favorites.  The NBA.  Each day I wake up to check in with ESPN to see if any decision has been reached during this bitter lockout.  I'm less concerned about the amount of money players are getting as I am just watching basketball so consistently.  I have received less negative comments regarding the Lakers, but I would rather hear the comments and watch them play, than watch them not play.  Ever since I can remember, I've had basketball games in the background of my night or anticipated a match up against two rival teams.  Growing up was special because I was able to join my brother and dad in the family room to complain about watching the games only to end up becoming entranced in every dribble, every lay-up, every dunk, and every buzzer beater. Slowly I admired the game.  I played the game.  I enjoyed the game.  I attended the game.  Now, I just miss the game.








Better start practicing my Italian..."Vada, Kobe!"

          Best,
                 Anne

No comments: