Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here in these deep city lights, a girl could get lost tonight.

I think about life a lot.  The term "life" as well.  When people ask what I'm busy doing, I usually do not even have time to specify...it's just "life."  Life keeps me busy.  The thing is, that is the lamest response and I'm owning up to it.  Everyone is busy with life.  It's like saying you are busy breathing, which I am by the way.  Always.  The true part about life is that it's incredibly unexpected.  Sure, I did not have to tell you that, but it is worth repeating, at least for my own sanity purposes.  I've been overwhelmed lately by all sorts of things.  Mostly because I received a second job offer on my first day of work at my current job.  This sort of overwhelmed feeling has been good.  I mean, I'm certainly lucky for opportunities that I have received lately.  It's a little funny sometimes.  I ask God, "why me?" a lot.  "Why now?" "Why here?" "Why do some things work out when you don't expect them to?" And lastly, "why can't I just trust that life will work out the way it is supposed to?"  Unanswered questions in an unexpected life.  How uncann(e)y.  Do not get me wrong, I'm excited about this life ahead for the time.  If one day can change your direction, any day has the very same possibility.  I am happy about that because I'm all for equal opportunity.*  So I cannot complain one bit.  I'm just curious...like George.  I'm also curious if I can swing from trees.  

Even still, I cannot help to feel like I'm drowning sometimes.  Surely I am not the only one.  That's why I am here talking about it because I want to let you know that we all feel overwhelmed for one reason or another.  I'm trying to focus on positive parts of life, rather than negative.  I'm trying to have a healthy mind as well as a healthy lifestyle.  I'm trying to rid myself of  unwanted thoughts.  I'm also trying to beat my brother in Words with Friends.  

Needless to say, I am trying.  

           Best, 
                 Anne


*Keeping all thoughts that relate to a particular politician, party, stance, and poor judgment in my head

No comments: