Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I carry your heart in my heart

While I am always advocating for all thingsNorthwest, I have to say today I am missing the Midwest.  Yes, I am missing the fact that I can't spend the third day in a row without power at my house.   I'm missing the fact that I can't play 100 games of rummy during said power outage.  I am missing the fact that I can't watch Jeopardy with my parents and sweep the pop culture, Shakespeare, and religion categories (talents...).  I am missing the fact that I cannot sit at my kitchen table while my mom stands behind the counter and talk indefinitely.  I am missing  the fact that I can't hear thunder and see lightening.  I am missing the fact that I can't feel one hundred percent at ease in my living situation.  I am not sure why I'm saying I am missing the "fact"... I am missing the jokes.  I am missing volleyball nights.  I am missing the daily recaps.  I am missing the smiles that I would be able to see on the people I love.  And while I speak so highly of this beloved place, I look back fondly on another beloved place.  It's just a good thing that power outages don't interfere with phone lines...

\

           Best, 
                   Anne

No comments: