Friday, February 11, 2011

A handful of habits.

If everyone is unique in their own way, it's only natural that we have our own habits that make sense to us but maybe not everyone else. I think that is completely normal. I only say this because I like to believe it's okay to have strange habits. Hey, I won't care if you don't care.

I braid my hair at night when I'm stressed out and can't sleep. Yes, I really do. Unfortunately, I've woken up nearly every day for the past few weeks with tiny braids in my hair. In fact, I still have one tucked away in my ponytail at the moment.  
I have a tendency to walk into stores looking for one thing and leaving with a handful of greeting cards. I do not care if they are over 3 dollars. They make me smile and they make other people smile, too! Sometimes I think I should have been a greeting card writer...
Additionally, I've gotten into the habit of sitting in my dark living room on Friday nights doing homework, catching up on television shows, and trying to unwind after each hectic week. Tonight is no different. After all, I have 15 miles to rest up for in the morning.
Do you have any interesting habits? I love hearing about them. I could go into detail about how I make up lyrics to songs that already exist and sing about what I'm doing at that moment to the tune of another song. It may sound strange but...okay, that's strange. There is nothing I can say to make that sound better. At least it makes me happy. I'm also content changing the radio station every 30 seconds until I find the "perfect" song. Sorry, Mom. Anyway, I'll save some of my other habits for another (rainy) day. I guarantee I have plenty more! Hope you are all enjoying your Friday night.
See ya tomorrow! 

           Best, 
                  Anne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to set my alarm on the 4's or 9's. But usually 4's. And I usually set like 6 of them. For example, 7:54, 7:59, 8:04, 8:09, 8:14 and 8:24. Yup, that sounds about right.