Monday, March 19, 2012

Saved by what?

The trouble with keeping a blog is that sometimes anything and everything pushes you away from it.  It may accidentally or perhaps on purpose, but sometimes blogging is the last thing on the to-do list.  To be honest, I know you all manage when I do not post so frequently.  Something else will always grab your attention.  When I'm at a loss for what to say or how to act, I just think.  I think to myself and choose not to blog.  Sure, I miss the e-mails from my parents "nice blog, Annie!", but I know they are okay.  So here we go.  Back to blogging.  I can't say I'm still in the right mindset, but I promise I'm trying!

My current thought is about this particular blog, in fact.  As I continue to travel down different paths, I've learned that my location may not always remain the same.  I live in Seattle, not Bellingham (for now).  Frankly, I do not see myself living in Bellingham again.  Yes, I was Saved by Bellingham...and I owe the world to the lovely, earthy-crunchy, Bellingham environment, but sometimes you find new places and new people.  Sometimes, if you're lucky, you find the old people in the new places.  

For a brief time I thought "maybe I should just delete this and start a new one", but then I realized that I have used this outlet for so many moments in my life.  Maybe some of the posts sucked, but at least I wanted to post them at some particular time and I thought they were less sucky than you did.  Ironically, one of the most meaningful posts  for me was about my beloved Bellingham.  I've talked about my marathons, my dog passing away, and my sister's wedding.  As in life, some things are good and some things are bad.

So here I am.  The blogger behind Saved by the Bellingham for 2 years and 8 months and I'm changing the game on my readers.  I have yet to come up with a new blog title, but I will work on it!  I do know this----I cannot name it creatively after a city in which I'm living.  I'm 23 so I don't assume I'll stay in one place for my life.  Therefore, I will think of something that I feel truly describes the way I live my life.  And no, it will have nothing to do with running marathons.

images via Pinterest
         Best,
                Anne

No comments: