Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Scholarship

Thanks to my network of bloggers and social media sites, I found a scholarship. It's a blogging scholarship! I realize the infinite amount of genius blogs out there, but where is the harm in applying? You're right. No harm at all. Thanks for the reassurance! Since I share my stories and experiences with you, I'll let you see my essay. It had to be 300 words or less (eek!) A number of questions were given to spark our interest while writing the essay. I chose this one....obviously:

Why did you start blogging? What does blogging mean to you? Why is blogging important to you?


Before I share this (and secretly blush from embarrassment because I do things like that), my brother John helped me with the funny part at the beginning. What would I do without him?


Here we go...


The past four years have been a whirlwind of decisions, transitions, and prepositions. Since you cannot end a sentence with a preposition, I suppose I’ll say the years have been the best learning experiece of my life. I started my college years in Iowa and soon realized that was not for me. After immense amounts of stress, frustration, and tears, I headed home for a year. I knew I needed to be somewhere else but any rapid decision could have affected me in a more negative way. It did not take long for me to admit I had to move to a place that could help me grow as a person and learn as a student. The lucky winner? Bellingham, Washington. Honestly, I turned out to be the lucky winner. The Pacific Northwest screams beauty and I made up my mind to document my new life. Moving away from nearly all of my family and friends was tough but I was full of pure excitement and anticipation toward my life ahead. A blog seemed like a convenient and enjoyable way to keep everyone updated, but allowed me to share my creative side. Saved by the Bellingham was created on August 12, 2009. As much as I love clever sayings and plays on words, the title is truly meaningful to me. A part of me was missing before this adventure out west. I found that missing piece in Bellingham. Over a year has passed and the blog prevails. I attempt to bring humor to each post, regardless of the situation. I have tracked my marathon training, the food I’ve eaten, the people I’ve met, the dear ones that I miss, and the loveliness of the state of Washington. This blog doesn’t have a clear subject but it is clearly full of everything I love in life.


I guess we'll see what happens!


Best,

Anne

2 comments:

Anne said...

I almost forgot! You can nominate me as well. Here is the link.

All my love.

Anne said...

...the link...

http://www.collegescholarships.org/our-scholarships/blogging.htm