Friday, July 16, 2010

Wildly delicious!

I am so addicted to blogs. Ahem, food blogs, that is.
How do I know I am addicted?
1. I go through every blog before checking my email.
2. I love food writers (and food, duh!).
3. I think food photography could be better than any other photography out there.
4. I diligently check for new posts throughout the day and feel empty when they aren't posted yet.
5. If I have no interest in being addicted to video games or drugs, why not be addicted to beautiful writing and delicious recipes? Boom.

Since I am always the one taking recipes from these food bloggers, I figured I'd include you on this gem that I made. Before I continue, I must confess that this recipe is not mine. Not one thing is my own. BUT I'd like to thank the Co-Op in town for allowing me to try this delicious food and inspire me to make it. The only thing that is my own are the measurements. You may not want to take them from me if you try this because I'm clueless when it comes to "estimating". In addition, I only made this dish for me. Little ol' me. So think about the serving size! I still think you should try it. If you don't like it...well at least it's not my recipe ;-D

This is the perfect salad for a warm summer day. It's nice and refreshing as well as filling! Perfection.

Wild Rice and Kale Salad
Makes 2-3 side servings

3/4 cup Wild Rice-cook as described
1/4 cup green onions
1 Red Pepper, diced
1 cup Kale
2 T Lemon juice
2 T Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper

Mix all together and eat after it has chilled. Enjoy!


Best,
Anne

No comments: