Friday, July 2, 2010

Hello, July!


I woke up this morning with a great attitude to be completely productive. It helps when you go to bed before ten and wake up at seven. Plenty of hours to accomplish various tasks, right? Well, for the most part. I only have twenty-nine days before I have to move out of my apartment. Such a bitter sweet thought but I am certainly excited to move in with other human beings. Why not take advantage of it? I have a feeling that packing up and cleaning will take me awhile and I’d rather not rush it. I’m starting to slowly get rid of things I don’t need. Even though these magazines are what keep me up to date with the more important things in life, (Food, Exercise and Celebrity gossip) I decided it was time to recycle. :-D



So back to today, I began with my closet. It was time to get rid of some of those clothes “I may wear sometime…if I was doing something….that would require that certain outfit”. Well, if that day ever comes along then the joke is on me! I have two bags of clothes to give away and…a whole bag of shoes I sadly must get rid of before I look at them any longer. If you know me, I love shoes. Don’t worry, not the expensive ones. If I see a good deal I don’t think twice (even though I should). Now it is time to get rid of some of those deals from way back when.

After the clearing out of clothes and tidying of the closet, I thought I’d move on. I went to the refrigerator. It’s not that bad, but I REALLY needed to get rid of some older food in there. No mold yet, but certainly not edible. What? I’ve been busy! Once that smelly process ended, I began to gather all of my laundry to head downstairs and look forward to clean clothes. I had a lot of laundry that I’d been stacking up. It’s not that big of a deal because I’ve had plenty to wear but it was time. I had three loads to wash and dry so I got right to it. When I knew the clothes were washed I headed back downstairs to transport them to the dryer. I noticed one of the washers said nine minutes to go when the others were done. Some sneaky person must have bumped it and stopped the wash. I decided it was fine and put everything in the dryer (thinking in the back of my head that I’d probably have to add extra time to the dryer since they were more than soaked still...hence the puddle of water in the washer). Fifty minutes later I went to grab the dry clothes. Sure enough, the sopping wet ones were still as wet as they had been at the start. Great, another 50 minutes of waiting around for dry clothes. I paid another dollar and went upstairs. Meanwhile, all these household chores were catching up to me and I was getting a bit tired. Finally, the time was up and I went back down to get my clothes. What surprise greeted me? Soaking wet clothes. Still. Guess who found out that dryer didn’t even work in the first place? I’d had just about enough with that laundry room so I threw the very wet, not damp, clothes in the laundry basket and bitterly walked upstairs. I refrained from snapping a picture, but there are clothes hanging from every inch of my bathroom and kitchen right now.

Needless to say, I have had a somewhat productive day but not completely. I enjoyed a late afternoon run and pancakes for dinner. That in and of itself is perfectly productive J Have a happy 4th of July weekend all. (JULY!?! Goodness gracious, time flies!)


Best,

Anne

No comments: