Saturday, December 19, 2009

Do button up, it's awfully cold outside.


Melissa and I enjoying the tiniest of trees a few years ago.



Well I have been home for a week already and boy has it flown by! This worries me for my final two weeks but I will try not to focus on that. So far I have been enjoying my time going to the dentist and eye doctor to name a few of the appointments. Boy has it been a treat! I have been gone so long that apparently there is a new way to clean teeth. When I was sitting in the chair cringing and fighting back the urge to grab that little metal pick, the woman started to describe how she was going to clean my teeth. I knew how they cleaned teeth until she threw in the words "sodium bicarbonate" and "raise your hand if you need me to stop in the middle of it". Excuse me? Then she proceeded to put a shield in front of her face and put a kleenex over my face so I couldn't see anything. Before I knew it, I had teeth that were smoother than ever. Regardless of the contraptions and chemicals, the new version of brushing teeth worked out for the best. I realize how curious you were of my trip to the dentist so why not fill you in to the fullest extent? You're welcome.

As for the rest of break, I am rather excited to enjoy it and catch up with friendly, familiar faces. But really, when did it get to be the 19th already? I'm not done with my shopping. I don't want to fight the crowds. I just want an extra week or so. Is that so much to ask? I think not. Speaking of time, I think I should spend some time opening some of the Christmas decorations in the hallway to put them out. Sure, Christmas is in a week, but I don't think it's too late. It's better than a standing snowman with a garbage back over it or several cardboard boxes interspersed throughout the house. That does not scream Christmas to me. The tree will be here later today and the rule in our house has always been "Put 15 ornaments on the tree and then you are done". How terribly sad that we had reached that point. As if it's causing physical pain to put ornaments on the fresh tree. Heaven forbid you stopped at 14 or were the over-achiever who put 16 or more (that was usually me in case you were wondering). Thankfully we have outgrown that stage in our lives where decorating was a chore and complaining was held at a constant. At least I think we have....John?

Good luck with the final preparations, all. We'll be chatting again soon.

Best,
Anne

No comments: