Saturday, November 7, 2009

I'm picking up the message, Lord.

I miss blogging. It is such an escape to just be able to type away about anything without worrying about a single thing. Of all the topics in the world, I can talk about which ever one I'd like without caring. It is my blog after all. Who cares? If you do care, you can stop reading. Go ahead. Still there? Great, I'm glad. It's more than likely that I may not talk about politics or historical facts from ancient Egypt, but I can promise you that I put time into what I say so if it takes a week and a half for a new post, I am giving it my all! November is here and all I can think about is how close the year is coming to an end. 2010? I'm not used to separating my zeros with another number. Whose idea was that? Ah well. I'll let it slide this time. Next year is quickly approaching but I'd prefer to think about the abundant end of the year. Plenty to keep me excited for, that is the truth!

It crossed my mind today at what point you become homesick? Is it hearing someone's voice? Thinking about the smells in the kitchen? Knowing that family is sitting together talking and wishing you could be there? Funny stories that have you laughing until you cry and unfortunately you cannot be discussing them face to face? There are so many different aspects that it is impossible to pinpoint the root of damage to your nostalgic mind.

Honestly, I'm fortunate to be homesick. After all, I am blessed to have something and some"things" to miss so much. So I have learned that being homesick may not be what you are craving but it doesn't mean that you can't still be grateful for opportunities and the prospect of returning home again to see familiar faces. There are few things that are more appealing than being surrounded by people that bring out your youthful spirit and vibrant laugh.

In closing, I miss blogging. I miss home cooked meals. I miss Chicago weather...(just kidding) I miss Sam and his wagging tail. I miss my family and friends. I miss a big kitchen. I miss hard wood floors. To sum up, I miss my home. While I am missing home, I am not forgetting how thankful and lucky I am to be able to see it again quite soon. December cannot come fast enough! I'd prefer it to be above zero degrees when I return, if at all possible. So if you can fulfill that request, I'd really appreciate it. I'm sure you can ask Oprah and she can figure it out.

Best,
Anne


No comments: