Monday, August 6, 2012

Virtual Coffee Date

One of my very favorite bloggers, Jenna, created a post called "Virtual Coffee Date" the other day after she saw another woman post it.  So today, I'll pretend we are on a coffee date and we can catch up.  Because who hasn't ever said, "let's grab a cup of coffee sometime"?  Please note, that I always say this phrase and NEVER get coffee.  I don't like it and I try all the time.  I'm a tea girl, through and through.  Today is your lucky day though!  I'm in need of a little rejuvenation and I thought I'd give the almond milk latte another shot.  Cheers!


Well first let me say, you look wonderful this morning!  I'm glad we could set aside some time to meet :)

If we were sipping on caffeinated beverages with velvety foam, I would tell you that my mother, the queen of the flip phone, just got an iPhone!  You'd nearly spit out your mocha because you are just as shocked as I was when I heard the news.  I'm pretty proud of my mom.  She has learned to turn on a computer, e-mail, Google, and so much more within the past few years.  Now she is going to be texting, taking iPhotos, and FaceTiming.  Give it a few more years before she is on Twitter #justkidding #youneverknow. 

I'd tell you how horrible I felt seeing these unbelievable Americans hurting during the Olympics marathon.  To me, they were incredible, but Kara Goucher said the last 8 miles were comparable to giving birth.  WHOA!  Not that I'm familiar with the birthing process, but that sounds pretty tough...and we know she didn't get any pain meds for this battle.  Flanagan and Goucher finished 10th and 11th, respectively.  The conditions were rainy and cobblestone-y.  I'm impressed, nonetheless.  

I'd ask you how your weekend was?  I love that it's August and Seattle was feeling the heat this weekend!  I was holed up in the overly air-conditioned Nordstrom for 19 hours this weekend, but it was hot for the northwest.  Sunday was a whopping 93 degree day, and all I can say is that I think it was making some of my customers people very cranky.  Luckily I have the day off and the heat has subsided (but I really don't mind the heat, especially without the humidity...it's a nice change).

I'd tell you that I've become one of those people that always has her nails painted.  What?  When did that happen?  Well, I like to try out fun colors and when those fade, it's on to the next one.  It's about time to get out the remover and see what colors I have around my room.  My Seattle Sounders green is chipping off like crazy!  I know, what on earth am I going to do?!

I'd ask you if you have ever rented a carpet cleaner from Home Depot?  Does it do a great job?  Does it clean up subtle dog poop stains?  These are the important questions.  Additionally, does it clean up random dark spots?  Key word: Random...I'm honestly not sure what on earth they could be!  I think they grew from the ground.  

I'd tell you that I should probably get going, but thanks for joining me.  It's been so lovely!  Let's meet again soon.  And drink tea. 

Bye! 

       Best, 
              Anne



3 comments:

teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teresa said...

Since your mom has given up her reign, can I be the new Queen of the flip phone? And I think that nail color thing happens when you're 22, because guess who else always wants to buy nail polish and is mildly obsessed with it. Just so you know, you have nice nail beds. Thats one of the reasons why I'm your friend actually....Oh, and you can drink your tea, I'll take care of the coffee part. So want to grab some tea and coffee, in a couple weeks?

Anne said...

Yes, but your flip phone is a little newer than hers :) Let's paint nails, drink tea and coffee, and laugh!