Thursday, August 16, 2012

Forgive me?

I've had a pit in my stomach.  I am not sure how I'll be able to explain this properly but I will just try my very best.  Usually when I have an idea for a blog post, I run with it.  I just type and type until I am completely exhausted and cannot think of any other things to say.  Lately, I have felt some sort of obligation to blog.  I'm not sure why...no one ever says "write a new post, please!" although I'm wondering where all of those people have been :)  There's a lot going on every day but I usually don't have much time to post.  When  I moved and went to school, there were endless experiences that I wanted to share, especially to reassure my family that my decision to move was the perfect one for me.  Blogging was such a comforting outlet.  I have received e-mails from my parents about nearly every blog post with such nice words and exclamation marks!    !!  My blog posts were even turned into a book, per my mother's request.  She has every post from the beginning until a certain point---I think two December's ago.  It's nice.  I'm glad that a handful of people continue to check on this ol' thing.





Um, do you want the good news or the bad news first?  Bad.  Always the bad, right?

This is my last blog post for Saved by the Bellingham Annecdotes.  It's time.  I have loved this little outlet on the Internet.  I have enjoyed all of it.  I typed my way through some very exciting times in my life as well as some harder times.  I traveled and wrote about it.  I ate and wrote about it.  I took so many pictures and wrote about them.  I stole so many pictures and posted them, too (thanks, Pinterest).  I'm just too busy reading all my favorite blogs to remember I have my own.

Whew.  Now that is off my chest, I can tell you that there is some good news to share!  I am certainly not leaving you forever.  I promise.  Annecdotes is retiring, but I have big plans to be back.  I'm going to start a new blog early next year.  I know, why wouldn't I come back to this blog?  Why leave in the first place?  Why, why, WHY?  Well...there will be a lot changing next year and I am going to start fresh.  I want to post recipes nearly every day and photograph them with background and lighting and all that jazz.  I'd like that to be the main focus of the blog with little stories along the way to keep you laughing.  I just feel the need to totally start from scratch.  I'll have a new blog name and new fun ideas for 2013!  Really, who knows what else I'll be sharing with you!  You'll have to just hang tight.  And enjoy a little break from me.  It will do you some good.  But quite honestly, I'm actually really excited about the future blog and will already be planning recipe ideas and testing them out so that they are blog ready/worthy!

Now, before I go, I thought I'd share some a ton of pictures from the years, that I've featured on the blog.  It's always fun to look back, but my feet are already stepping forward.

I feel like a girl who could conquer the world in a jean shirt and skirt and socks with pink sandals!  Wait a second...



























I just have to say, thank you so so so much for reading.  You truly mean so much!

        Best,
            Anne

P.S.  If you are interested in reading next year, please e-mail me at anne.vurdelja@gmail.com.  I'll keep you in my mind when I start it up again!  I miss you already :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne,
I will miss your blog which has shown me and others what an extraordinary person you are. I will cherish all your beautiful thoughts, stories, pictures, wit and more.(another book)I look forward to the next chapter in your life which is always an adventure.
Love, Mom