Sunday, November 14, 2010

An Irrelevant Update

Right now, I am: 


Wearing sweatpants that are three inches too short.

Considering going to sleep due to the pitch black sky at 5 pm.

Highlighting every definition of health since 1947.

People watching at the coffee shop. Are they watching me back? But my sweatpants! And my frizzy hair! And my tired eyes! I'm nervous. Eyes down. Now.

Deleting emails without any sign of progress in that department.

Wondering how fast this week can go, but I know I'm scared it will go too fast. Who gave me the indecisive gene?

Talking to my mother because she thought she'd "check in before the Steelers game starts." What a gem.

Thinking about the green beans that will make an appearance in my dinner this evening.

Wondering whether or not to blame the change in weather for my increased homesick feeling. I know that's not fair but I'll take that up with the sky.

About to stop this nonsense and buckle down. Goodnight, all.


         Best,
                Anne

No comments: