Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Time to book it!

People set goals for themselves all the time. They think about them on a day to day basis. They write them down in hopes of crossing them out as soon as they are completed. I love goals. In fact, I like to think of it as a to-do list that may take a day or lifetime to accomplish. Goals, to-do lists. Tomato, tomahto. Essentially, the same thing! My goals can range from finishing a homework assignment early to running a marathon before I die. Marathon---check! I really don't think goals have to be extravagant for one to feel satisfied when they are done. One person's goal is another person's pleasure. Feel free to quote me on that:) Anyway, I have thrown around an idea for my to-do list for quite some time. At first, it was in a joking fashion but I believe it to be a brilliant goal to cross off my list (someday).

I'm studying Community Health. I have a passion for learning everything that changes about the field (and believe me, it changes constantly! That's why I think I have a chance of getting a job someday that will last). I'm not in a journalism class. I'm not taking a writing class (yet) and I don't like science (I'll get over it, don't worry. Can't dodge that for this major) But, I love to write. I'm sure you may be thinking, Anne, we know you love to write...why else would you have a blog? You're right. I don't know why I'd have a blog if I didn't enjoy using it every once in awhile. The fact of the matter is, I want to write a book. WHOA. I said it. I haven't grown up with the idea of wanting to write a book but I also didn't grow up with the idea of wanting to run a marathon. Life happens and puts everything into perspective one day at a time. Anything is possible right? Don't worry, I'm not trying to compete against the brainy Nobel Prize contenders for Literature but I do want to write a book about something I am fond of, or should I say "someones". As often as I talk to my mom, I appreciate her more every single day. Without giving away the mind-blowing details, she has dealt with a lot. Enough that can fill a book....probably a sequel! We owe that thanks to life and the interesting ups and downs that occur. That's why the other person I will write about is my dad. This will be in the same book, not a joke book. I knew that was what you were thinking. Never fear, I will incorporate some of those hilarious jokes into the text and maybe the not-so hilarious jokes, too. I'll play it by ear, okay? Regardless, I admire my parents so much. They have dealt with far more than they ever imagined dealing with and have learned, been rewarded, and traveled down many new paths. I think they deserve a book and that's that!

So why am I telling you this? I figure if I put it out there, you will count on me to check this off the to-do list. Now there are a few things to remember. 1. Don't think I will be blogging in a week saying that I am halfway through. 2. Don't think I will be blogging in three years saying I am halfway through. 3. Patience. Someday, alright? 4. I need to get the "okay" from the stars of the book. I look forward to confirmation from them as soon as they have read this blog post:)


I'd say stay tuned but that sounds like I'll be back soon with good details. How about...Just relax. That's better. Have a great rest of your Wednesday. Halfway through the week!


Best,
Anne

P.S. Obviously without a background in journalism it will make it difficult to be taken seriously as an author. Therefore I will rely on my google search of "How to write a book". I assume that'll do.

No comments: