Monday, May 14, 2012

The most colorful run ever!

Seattle was blessed with amazing weather this weekend!  I was blessed with a major sunburn!  Sunday was my first "race" that made me smile the entire time.  The Color Run is a 5k that requires you to wear a white shirt and plan on getting completely colorful!  Each kilometer a different colored chalky powder is thrown on you.  The race is not timed and is strictly supposed to be fun.  No Debbie Downers allowed---even if you get colors in your eyes and your mouth!  Three of my friends joined me in Seattle to enjoy the weather and the run.  There were thousands of runners and the mass of white clothes was very cool.  It was even cooler when everyone was spotted with all sorts of colors!  I'm really just excited talking about the event.  I have never enjoyed a "race" so much!  We ran, we walked, we laughed, and we got very messy!

Pre-race photo!
 All clean!
After the first color splash.  It gets better!
The happiest!  Seeing everyone messy with color could not have been more enjoyable. 
 I still have some color on my arms, feet, and stomach (it went through the shirt apparently...)
 Pure happiness!
 Colored ground.
 We had a cute little munchkin trying to join us! 
 We survived!
Clouds of color!  
Thanks to Emily for taking some of these :)

I'm already looking forward to next year's run!  This sold out in an hour...so I better be ready!  Special thanks to the Color Run volunteers for making a colorful mess of me.  I had the best time! 

       Best, 
              Anne

No comments: