Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ms. Take

If there is one thing I know to be true about you and I, it's that we make mistakes.  It's nice to know that everyone does actually make mistakes.  The only problem is that making mistakes is not what I'd like to spend my time doing.  And I'm sure you have other things to do as well.  Like reading my blog.  But again, I'm sure you have other things to do as well.  Even still, mistakes have been on my mind a lot lately.  I've made countless mistakes throughout my life and continue to make them at my ripe old age of 22.  True life: I'm a dweller.  I dwell on things I've done and things I should have done.  This holds true for even the most basic mistakes, such as getting the 2 dollar toilet paper that is super soft but has three sheets on it instead of splurging for the 4 dollar roll to have it last more than half of a day.  Such a dwellemma.  The thing about dwellemmas is that eventually they fade.  I couldn't tell you what issues I dealt with in grade school... I couldn't tell you what issues I dealt with in high school... I could tell you a few in college, but that's because they haven't reached their fading moment yet.  Whether it was making the mistake of failing a test or saying the wrong thing, I've had plenty of my moments.  Thankfully, I forget the things that should not matter at a certain point, hence grade/high school.  While we're all making mistakes because it's "only human" (I'm sorry but other creatures can probably make mistakes too...) I hope that you do not dwell on them because it can take a toll.  Honestly, I try to tell myself this daily.  Sometimes my heart hurts and yes, I think the two are related.  There, I said it.  So if anything, don't worry about the mistakes you make.  If I could teach you anything, it is that your heart is a valuable instrument in your "only human" body, and I want it to keep beating along with mine.  Make no mistake about that!
          Best,
                  Anne

No comments: