Monday, April 25, 2011

Taking strides

I've been struggling with my words lately (as you can clearly see from my previous picture post) and I don't know what to say.  I guess that happens when your mind runs a mile a minute and you do not know where to begin.  Speaking of running a mile a minute, I ran a 5k this weekend!

It was the Fun with the Fuzz and all payments went to families who have lost their loving police officers.  I'm always more inclined to participate in races that are for a good cause.  This was the first race of...the year? since my foot issue? I think both.  Anyway, I placed 9th in my age group (20-99!) oh, that's actually (20-29). Common mistake.  I ran a 7:50 pace which I cannot really complain about.  I busted my butt and you may not have realized that I was feeling a bit dehydrated that morning. Just...because.  Even still, I saw the glimmer of hope.  I may not have words to share, but I am taking strides.  I'm running.  I'm sleeping (every once in awhile).  I'm breathing.  I'm enjoying life.  I'm just listening.


Here if you need me.

           Best,
                   Anne

No comments: